Devices Transformation Lead
|Job Title:||Devices Transformation Lead|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Constable|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2016 14:50|
Our Client, a Global Technology Company, is seeking a Devices Transformation Lead to be based in Reading on an initial 12 month contract.
The UK Public Sector team mission is to empower every person and every organisation in public sector to achieve more. We enable this by working tirelessly to drive our public sector customers to digitally transform their business through leveraging our focus and investments around 'creating more personal computing', 'reinventing productivity and business processes' and 'building the intelligent cloud'.
If you are passionate about making a difference to how services are run and delivered in this country, be that digitally enabling our education system to support learners achieving their full potential, through to how mobile and the cloud are transforming modern policing, then the UK Public Sector team is the place to be.
Devices Transformation Lead
Our UK Public Sector team is looking for a dynamic, experienced, strategic business development leader to accelerate growth across our first party hardware business and help our customers and partners with their Digital Transformation. You will be a driving force for growth & change, with experience in devices sales across the public sector. You will have an in depth knowledge of the UK's Public Sector spanning health, PSNS, Gov, a fantastic track record in business development and driving wins via public sector frameworks, and a much envied customer and partner network.
Reporting to the National Technology Office Director, you will be a core part of the technical strategy team. You will be deeply collaborative, understand how to operate in a matrix organisation, highly skilled in business management and articulate. You will understand the devices buying cycle and decision making process in public sector organizations. You will need to be great at strategy AND execution, understand how to make channels work and be able to develop innovative go to market models. You will be insights led and have deep insight on the competitive landscape. You will have an excellent understanding of technology and be a fabulous evangelist. You will be responsible for Surface, Surface Hub, and Lumia solutions in Public Sector.
Business owner of the relationship/metrics with our Windows and Devices business group
Market Planning - Understand the public sector devices landscape and key opportunities. Orchestrate the execution strategy for Surface and Surface Hub with strong alignment to sector goals.
Business & Monetization - define, evolve and achieve ambitious growth goals and plans for Surface, and Surface Hub within public sector organizations.
Competitive Positioning and response - monitor, understand and respond to the competitive landscape.
Sales team orchestration and influence - work closely with the sales teams across PS to ensure plans contain the right focus on opportunities, pipeline. Support readiness and provide coaching to key partners to win with our devices
Opportunity Development - work closely with the broader public sector sales team and our devices worldwide sales desk to respond to RFPs and land Surface and Surface hub on key public sector frameworks and tender deals.
Product Advocacy - use your in depth product expertise to localise, translate and develop core marketing content
* Excellent cross group collaboration skills
* Excellent customer/influence skills
* Natural storyteller and evangelist
* Prior public sector / government sales experience
* Advanced knowledge of UK public sector framework agreements and RFP processes
* Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
* Superb communication skills, written/oral
* Strong numerical and analytical skills
* University degree or equivalent in technical or business setting
What I really want this person to do
* Understand all the PS frameworks that include devices > i.e. map all our managed PS accounts to the framework and their buying cycles
* Understand what frameworks are up for bid, and what their requirements are. Prioritize the frameworks based on opportunity size and fit with Surface
* Work with Richard Fulford and SMSP team to identify strategy for RFP and winning framework, SSP lead, partner lead
* Work with partners and/or Richard to respond to RFPs and get Surface on the framework
* Win/loss review on the for why / why not we won or lost the opportunity
* Collaborate with others on the team to identify opportunities for cross sell / cross deals based on broader MS customer base
What I think the person will be goaled on
* Market assessment deliverable and maintenance
* Number of opportunities identified
* Number of RFPs submitted with quality
* Wins for Surface
* Feedback from stakeholders.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Ariba P2P Technnology Lead
Lead Java Developer
Lead Java Developer
Lead Web Application Developer - Lead Web Applications Engineer
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus & Excellent benefits
BPM Transportation and Warehouse Lead