Data Engineer - RELNJP00019820
|Job Title:||Data Engineer - RELNJP00019820|
|Salary:||£550.00 - £600.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Constable|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2016 09:16|
Our Client, a Global Publishing Company, is seeking a Data Engineer to be based in Central London on an initial 6 month contract.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated, experienced Data Engineer with a deep interest in big data and technologies such as Spark, Scala and the Hadoop ecosystem.
The role will be joining a new and fast-growing agile team in our London offices to help design and build a new way of working with big data. This is an exciting new opportunity to play a key role in changing the way in which data based products are delivered within the company. You will devise and implement a modern approach to software engineering that enables people throughout the company to take advantage of one of the world's broadest collections of scientific literature.
You should have:
* Development on the JVM using Scala and possibly other JVM languages, knowledge of Python is a bonus
* Experience with Spark; or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks
* Familiarity with tools such as AWS, Mesos or Docker and an instinct for automation
* Agile experience with Scrum/Kanban/XP
* Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, automated testing and deployment
* Web service development using frameworks such as Dropwizard or aka.
* A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
'R Progamming' Data Consultant
Data Centre Operations Analyst
West Yorkshire, England
£11.00 - £12.00 per hour
£600.00 - £640.00 per day
Livingston, West Lothian
£35000 - £43000 per annum