Data Center Technician
|Job Title:||Data Center Technician|
|Contact Name:||Stephane Abbeels|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2016 09:52|
*Installation/testing of patch cables
*basic server Install/troubleshooting
*booking in/accepting deliveries and access requests
*conducting back-up tape changes, acting as the remote hands for customer requests.
*Installations of servers and network equipment as directed, including raid, ILO/DRAC configuration
*Respond to calls from internal AT&T groups for hardware or software assistance and problem resolution.
*Maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of client problems in addition to replacing server components and peripheral equipment.
*Implement systems and software upgrades and OS, configuration changes for users, based on reference system documentation provided, including Windows, Linux & Solaris.
*Responsible for coordinating significant elements of the installation phases as it pertains to the timely turn-up of customer's web hosting servers.
*Works closely with the MoW IDC operations team to resolve high severity tickets.
*Manage work requests & interfaces among internal and external organizations to ensure that all parts of the job are completed.
*Assist management with creating documentation and improving the data centre practices/processes.
*Shift work, call out and overnight work
*Strong knowledge of networking cable infrastructure: CAT6, fibre and co-ax cabling
*Knowledge in raid, ILO/DRAC configuration
*Cable management & best practices within a data centre rack environment.
*Basic switch/router configuration
*OS knowledge: Windows, Linux & Solaris
*Ticketing systems: Remedy
*Customer support: Phone and ftf
*Experience in a data centre
* Flexible in their approach towards work & work hours.
* Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical problems.
* Shares important/critical information; keeps others informed.
* Quickly grasps the complexities of issues and uses sound analyses to identify solutions. Foresees obstacles and opportunities.
* High ethical standards with actions that mirror words.
* Fosters diversity and inclusion; values and respects differences.
Tel: +32 2 727 11 30 Mobile : +32 484 99 50 90