Content Engineer (Contract)
|Job Title:||Content Engineer (Contract)|
|Salary:||£250 - £300 per day|
|Contact Name:||Nikola Nagy|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2018 17:04|
12 month's contract
£250-300 daily rate
My client - who is a world-leading provider of information and analytics - is looking for a Content Engineer to join its successful web fabrication team, publishing Legal and Tax content onto the web. This is an exciting role and an opportunity to learn more about modern internet publishing, as well as develop skills in XML technologies.
You will be responsible for creating new publications, using in-house tools and XML based technologies.
- Working within strict deadlines to ensure that release dates are met, functionality is enabled and updates go out on time
- Liaising with suppliers and editors, both in-house and third party, to ensure the timely and quality-driven delivery of data for electronic publication.
- Assessing the status and usability of a large number of data sources and providing content analysis information to our technical teams.
- Creating new publications using XML, XSLT and Python.
- Membership of a large global project team, with daily interactions with Editors, - Project Managers, Content Architects, and Fabrication Teams.
Essential Attributes for the role:
- XSLT 1.0 skills essential; XSLT 2.0 skills an advantage.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills as will be required to work with members of staff outside of their own department.
- Good IT skills, with proven XML knowledge.
- Good understanding of languages and tools used for processing XML, especially XSLT and Schematron and their appropriate applications.
- Practical experience of converting XML to multiple formats such as Word and PDF - preferred.
Preferable Attributes for the role:
- Familiarity with: regression, UAT and QA testing processes and applications, such as XSPEC, JUNIT, XML differencing and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of online publishing and supporting online functionality through mark-up.
- Exposure to/understanding of MarkLogic.
- Python/Xquery skills preferable, but not essential.
- Practical experience of converting XML to multiple formats such as Word and PDF.
- Understanding of Project and Code Management program MS TFS.
Sounds interesting? Then get in touch with me today and will be in touch with you shortly.
I can not wait to speak with you! :)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
IT Operations Engineer
RF Antenna Engineer
Great benefits package
Java/Android Software Engineer
£50000 - £55000 per annum