|Job Title:||Content Engineer|
|Salary:||£300.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Geoff King|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2016 11:25|
My client is currently recruiting for a Content Engineer to join its successful web fabrication team, publishing Legal and Tax content onto the web. You will be responsible for creating new publications, using in-house tools and XML based technologies. This is an exciting role and an opportunity to learn more about modern internet publishing, as well as develop skills in XML technologies.
* Working within strict deadlines to ensure that release dates are met, functionality is enabled and updates go out on time
* Liaising with suppliers and editors, both in-house and third party, to ensure the timely and quality-driven delivery of data for electronic publication.
* Assessing the status and usability of a large number of data sources and providing content analysis information to our technical teams.
* Creating new publications using XML, XSLT and Python.
* Membership of a large global project team, with daily interactions with Editors, Project Managers, Content Architects, and Fabrication Teams.
Essential Attributes for the role:
* Must have an interest in the web and internet technologies.
* XSLT 1.0 skills essential; XSLT 2.0 skills an advantage.
* Good communication skills and interpersonal skills as will be required to work with members of staff outside of their own department.
* Efficient organisational and administrative skills.
* Initiative and a willingness to learn.
* Good problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work as part of a project team and work independently and manage one's time and work.
* Good IT skills, with proven XML knowledge.
* Good understanding of languages and tools used for processing XML, especially XSLT and Schematron and their appropriate applications.
* Practical experience of converting XML to multiple formats such as Word and PDF - preferred.
Preferable Attributes for the role
* Familiarity with: regression, UAT and QA testing processes and applications, such as XSPEC, JUNIT, XML differencing and Jenkins.
* Knowledge of online publishing and supporting online functionality through mark-up.
* Exposure to/understanding of MarkLogic.
* Python/Xquery skills preferable, but not essential.
* Practical experience of converting XML to multiple formats such as Word and PDF.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's