Cloud Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Cloud Support Engineer|
|Salary:||£400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Constable|
|Job Published:||February 16, 2017 17:31|
My global client is recruiting a Cloud Engineer to provide 2nd line support to their internal content solutions teams supporting both internally and externally facing applications.
Candidates should come from a Windows/Networking background with more recent experience of supporting Cloud environments, AWS specifically.
Responsibilities will include supporting applications and infrastructure; respond, investigate and resolve incident tickets. Monitor the cloud environments and respond to in a reactive and proactive fashion. The second part of the role is to support the Application Support Group acting as a 2nd line support, investigating and resolving incidents channelled through this group. The role will have the ability to call and escalate incidents the Cloud Engineers who are the 3rd line support for AWS incidents. The CSE will also carry out general operation tasks while carrying out patching and release duties.
The candidate will utilise a ticket system for incoming incidents and manage their own workload while participating in team projects supporting the cloud engineers and have the opportunity to work on projects themselves.
Ideal opportunity to develop skill within a cloud environment utilising DevOps and continuous delivery.
The role will be based in London with travel to Woking twice a week.
* Experience supporting Cloud environments
* Experience of automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins and/or Ansible.
* Operational support of windows, Linux and CMS (Drupal/WordPress).
* Scripting knowledge/experience using Bash, Powershell, and/or Python.
* Strong problem solving, analytical and technical trouble shooting skills.
* Database knowledge and experience of troubleshooting MS SQL, MySQL in the cloud.
* Networking knowledge within the cloud.
* Security best practices in AWS.
* Good verbal and written skills.
* AWS best practices for operations
* Knowledge of AWS services
* Working knowledge of AWS API and a relevant SDK.
* Experience of Json, YAML for deployment and templating.
* Experience working with release pipelines and continuous delivery.
* Experience working with Active Directory in Windows (2008R2, 2012R2)
* Experience working in a DevOps environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Security Support Engineer
Windows Support Engineer
£150.00 - £180.00 per day
Linux Systems & Support Engineer
Up to £600.00 per day
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus & Excellent benefits