Network Specialist (Live Support)
|Job Title:||Network Specialist (Live Support)|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kim Eager|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2016 12:00|
A CCNP Network Specialist is required to join a dynamic team in a leading edge financial services company. This is an in-house role working in a team of 4 similarly qualified engineers who are focussed on supporting the BAU needs of the internal and customer facing networks.
This role is primarily focussed on 'Live / BAU support' activity across a range of high-availability services. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading employers which will give the
right candidate every opportunity to become the best they can be.
* Cisco Router, Juniper ISG / SSG, Cisco Switch (Nexus 5k /2k), ASA and F5 skills
are all desirable for the role and any candidate must possess 3 of these 5
skills in order to be considered. The successful candidate would then be given the necessary support to become proficient in any additional skills.
* Strong routing, switching and firewall skills are essential.
* The role holder will be part of a team providing 2nd and 3rd line Support services to
the business on all aspects of Live, Test, Disaster Recovery & Corporate
* Valid industry recognised accreditation (CCNP or greater). (Juniper or F5 equivalents are desirable).
* In-depth working knowledge of the following protocols - RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, all STP variants HSRP/ VRRP.
* Strong firewall skills across Cisco ASA or Juniper SSG firewalls.
* Must have a practical working knowledge of the following protocols and technologies - MPLS, DWDM, IP Sec, VPN, TCP/IP, SSL,
* Practical knowledge of Voice Over IP & Wireless
* Familiarity with using the following network Management tools (or equivalent):
- HP Network Node Manager (NNM)
~Gigastor (or other packet level analysis / sniffer software)
* Demonstrate a flexible approach to all new requirements
* Ability to prioritise workloads and manage customer expectations
* Ability to work individually or within a team to ensure that Internal / External SLA's and Project deliverables are met
* Due to the limited travel between sites, must hold a current, valid driving license and own a car.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Ghent, East Flanders
Network Support Engineer
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€225.00 - €250.00 per day
Oracle DBA/Database Specialist
Clare, Republic of Ireland
€350.00 - €400.00 per day
Client Protection Specialist
Great Benefits package, pension, flexitime, etc