Capacity & Performance Analyst L3 (Distributed Domain)
|Job Title:||Capacity & Performance Analyst L3 (Distributed Domain)|
|Contact Name:||Fuat Yuksel|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2016 09:33|
We are also involved in various projects, ensuring an application is rightly sized and well-tuned. We develop models to correlate resources consumption with expected volumes and service.
In other words, the Capacity Management Team ensures that the capacity of the IT infrastructure (current and future) matches the evolving demands of the Group in the most cost effective and timely manner.
Your part of the deal:
The candidate will work as Capacity Management expert in the Distributed Domain.
Its main responsibilities will encompass the following activities :
Capacity operations :
- Daily monitoring of the performance and capacity of the Distributed platform & Network systems and services.
- Identification and Investigation of capacity and performance issues.
- Report in a comprehensive manner and propose mitigating actions to the Engineering teams in charge of Distributed Domain & Network systems or services.
Performance Engineering :
- Participation to Project, assess the feasibility of the proposed solution and make recommendations on the Design and Sizing (collect and validate the demand) based on Business requirements.
- Participate in Performance testing, analyse the performance data, propose changes to optimise resource usage and performance.
- Build capacity models to correlate Business Volumes with Resource utilisation and Service levels.
- Contribute to the writing of the Performance and Capacity Test Report.
In addition to the Capacity Management areas mentioned above,your scope will further extend towards the Capacity Planning and Infrastructure area, where you will contribute to the delivery of the Yearly Capacity Plan, Monthly Capacity Reports, and Services assessment.
This will require an in depth understanding of the Business Drivers and Service Level Agreements on the company platforms.
- You have proven experience with the capacity management process and performance engineering
- You have proven experience in capacity management in at least one of the following Domain: Windows/ESX - Linux - AIX - Network systems.
- You have proven experience in performance engineering in at least one of the following Domain: Windows/ESX - Linux - AIX - Network systems.
- You are team oriented and willing to share knowledge with your colleagues
- You have good communication and presentation skills (bot verbal and in writing)
- You have an analytical mindset and a basic understanding of statistics
- You have an advanced knowledge of Excel
- You are Continuous Improvement oriented
As a plus
- You have a basic expertise in SAN and NAS solutions
- You have a basic expertise other technical Domains amongst those listed here above
- You have knowledge and experience in SQL queries usage
- You have experience with the CA Capman Capacity Management tool
- You have experience with performance analysis tools (perfmon and/or nmon and/or Wireshark and/or Ngenius Netscout, ...)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £31000 per annum + DOE
£23000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
Senior Agile Business Analyst
£450.00 - £550.00 per day
Technical Operations Analyst
£30000 - £42000 per annum + benefits
Senior Project Support Analyst
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Total Package value £43K