Big Data Engineer
|Job Title:||Big Data Engineer|
|Salary:||£450.00 - £500.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||David Sheppard|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2017 12:55|
Leading Global provider of information solutions that builds innovative platforms and smart content solutions needs a Big Data Engineer for a 6-month contract role starting at the beginning of November. The role is based in London most of the week however does require 1 or 2 days a week to be spent in Oxford.
You will be working from a modern and spacious new building with a stimulating environment where all members of the team are empowered to contribute.
Working within a fast-growing agile team in their London and Oxford offices to help design and build a platform for analyzing content and extracting copyright and compliance data for a publishing company.
To secure this Big Data Engineer contract you will need:
* Experience of big data and technologies such as Spark, Scala and the Hadoop
* The ability to build cloud based solutions using modern technologies
* The ability to expose those solutions using APIs so that other applications can make use of them
* Knowledge of techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming and continuous delivery
* A collaborative style that will enable you to work with Product Managers to translate ideas into high quality software solutions
* Developed on the JVM using Scala and possibly other JVM languages, knowledge of Python or R is a bonus
* Experience with Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks
* Familiarity with tools such as AWS, Mesos or Docker and an instinct for automation
* Agile experience with Scrum/Kanban/XP
If you fit this profile and are available to start in November please apply or call me.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's