Big Data Developer
|Job Title:||Big Data Developer|
|Contact Name:||Stephane Abbeels|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2017 15:25|
Start Date: 1st December 2017
Contract duration: 6 months until 31/05/2018 (with possible extensions)
Our client is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including retail and wholesale fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services. "We drive gender balanced leadership"
You are part of a squad team that works in an agile framework (scrum). All squad members sit physically together and work on a specific business domain (eg. Network & Customer Experience, Location Insights, Value Analytics, …)
· You will work closely with your squad colleagues and be responsible for the analysis, development, testing and follow up of the implementation of project deliverables with a focus on quality:
o load and integrate data from our multitude of applications, service platforms and networks in the Enterprise Data Warehouse/Data Lake via ETL solutions
o creating datamarts and/or reports/dashboards
· Taking takes care of optimal communication and collaboration with them and all other teams needed, in and outside our domain.
· He/she contributes to the organization and optimization of team processes.
· You make sure that the solutions are matching the requirements regarding security (retail/wholesale, legal, …) and confidentiality, defined by Legal- and Security- teams and by their Datawarehouse Data Security Officer (DSO).
· You have to make sure that solutions make optimal use of available computer capacity (CPU, I/O, storage, memory, …), available on our platforms (Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, … ) and guarantee optimal performance.
Required Profile and skills:
· Data Integration
o Profound knowledge of key concepts of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and entity-relationship (E-R)-, Third Normal Form (3NF)- and dimensional modeling (knowledge on RDA helps)
o Good knowledge on Hadoop and related technologies (Hortonworks Hadoop stack, HBase, MapReduce, Storm, Hive, Kafka, Scala, Spark ...) Scala & Spark are mandatory!
o Knowledge and experience in:
· Scripting (Perl, Java, Python, R, ...)
· NoSQL principles and systems: document stores, graph databases, KVP stores
· Parallel data processing (MPP) and tuning
· Statistical Modeling
· modeling tools (RDA)
Any question first? contact Stephane Abbeels at +32 2 727 11 31 or by mail at
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's