BI Data Analyst
|Job Title:||BI Data Analyst|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Salary:||£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2018 10:26|
Contribute to the growth and value of the Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) function within the client, promoting best practice throughout the full technical BI&A delivery process to deliver high quality insights to support the growth of the client. Contribute to and execute on defined strategy surrounding overall technical architecture, and the development of innovative BI methodologies to be used across the business.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong data analysis skills who is looking for a challenging and fast paced work environment.
You will be able to display a pragmatic approach and work according to a bi-modal approach by turning around fast, agile analytics but also feeding through requirements to more governed, predictable architectural implementations.
·Contribute to effective use of Business Intelligence through engagement with stakeholders, providing excellent insight and driving change in behaviours to promote the use of Business Intelligence and a more data driven approach to decision making
·Design and implement innovative and compelling reports, dashboards, visualisations and models to measure KPIs and support effective decision making
·Contribute to the improvement of the Enterprise Data Warehouse by working with the BI Development team to implement steps to improve governed and predictable insights.
·Take an active role in all BI initiatives through project and change management, input into UAT and user training as applicable
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
* Strong academic background, ideally with a Computer Science, IT or Accounting degree/qualification or similar Analytical discipline or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years' relevant experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in end-to-end analytical model design and development
* Good experience of working with incomplete data and be able to problem solve where the data isn't structured.
* Advanced, demonstrable understanding of SQL and report design principles
* Demonstrate a good balance between technical expertise and commercial business awareness
* Strong expertise in database languages such as T-SQL for SQL Server and PL/SQL for Oracle
* Passion for handling, analysing and transforming large, complex data sets into workable information sets.
* Experience of data collection, preparation and manipulation across multiple disparate systems
* Experienced use of BI tools (e.g. Tableau, SAP Business Objects and Excel) in a commercial environment
* Experience in Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) development, release and management, ideally SAP Data Services
* Tableau Development & Administration is advantageous
* Experience of working in Agile BI delivery models
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's