Applications Support Analyst
|Job Title:||Applications Support Analyst|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£140 - £150 per day + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2016 17:11|
Our client, a leader in its field, requires an Applications Support Analyst on a 9 month Contract.
The Applications Support Analyst is responsible for administering and supporting the client's document management system (DMS). This will include managing day to day administration and housekeeping tasks, as well as providing 3rd line application support of the application and its interfaces.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of 3rd line application support for a range of complex business systems, preferably gained in a legal partnership or professional services environment.
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* SQL query writing skills, with the ability to write moderately complex queries to retrieve or update data.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience of working in a small team with both support and project demands.
* The ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressured environment.
* The ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
* A self-motivated and pro-active attitude.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* Experience providing 3rd line application support for the DMS application.
* The ability to write and run PowerShell scripts for system administration.
* Experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, Microsoft Office and IIS.
* Administering and supporting the client business critical DMS, the fee earner portal and a variety of other applications, both developed in-house and of-the-shelf packages.
* Resolving 3rd line technical support queries professionally and efficiently, whilst maintaining a high degree of customer service.
* Performing routine preventative maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the supported applications.
* Continuously improving the administration and support of the DMS application in order to improve availability, performance and the level of service to customers.
* Providing technical assistance on projects involving either enhancements to the existing application or the implementation of new applications.
* Developing and maintaining test plans for the supported application and carrying out testing as required.
* Liaising with 3rd party vendors on support issues as required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
1st Line Support Analyst
£12.00 - £16.00 per hour
Junior Support Analyst
£15 - £16 per hour
IT Support Analyst
£28000 - £32000 per annum
Customer Support Analyst - Home based role (Fluent Arabic)
£40000 - £45000 per annum
EUC Support Specialist
Crawley, West Sussex
£25000 - £34000 per annum + Great benedfits package