Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
|Job Title:||Advanced Manufacturing Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Janne Bate|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2018 16:19|
Essential ResponsibilitiesOwn the manufacturing engineering activities for Test and Calibration NPI and CPO as part of a cross-functional team, including:
Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance yield and cost
Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
Development of assembly processes and procedures
Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
Creation of product routings within ERP system
Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
Qualifications/Requirements* HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
* Understanding of pressure testing, pressure system safety and electrical safety
* Understanding of Light Electromechanical Assembly in a high mix production environment.
* Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools.
* Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration processes. Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
* Ability to use CAD (Pro/Engineer/ Solidworks) to design fixtures and analyse product designs.
* Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
* Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
Desired Characteristics* Experience of using SAP ERP
* Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
* Experience with pressure measurement technologies
* Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterisation systems.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's