Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
|Job Title:||Advanced Manufacturing Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Emma Smith|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 17:04|
Due to a lot of success and large scale expansion, our client a leader in the cradle to grave design and development of pressure sensors is looking for an advanced manufacturing engineer to join their team in Leicestershire.
You will be working in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO's & CD) and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
Being innovative within the manufacturing engineering activities for Test and Calibration and NPI as part of a cross-functional team, including:
Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance yield and cost
PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
Development of assembly processes and procedures
Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
Creation of product routings within ERP system
Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
This is the perfect role for an early career or career change as we are looking for a minimum of 1 year in relevant industry or 3 years + in a relevant role.
You need to have lots of energy and be an ideas person experience with CAD systems(Solidworks/pro-engineer) and some electronics/electro-assembly knowledge would be highly advantageous.
* HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
* Knowledge of DFM, Lean, Quality System, and SPC tools.
* Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration processes.
* Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
* Experience of using SAP ERP
* Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
* Experience with pressure measurement technologies
* Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterisation systems.
Understanding of pressure testing, pressure system safety and electrical safety.
An excellent working environment, career development and amazing benefits package await the right candidate for this role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's