Big Data Engineer
|Poste:||Big Data Engineer|
|Type de contrat:||Durée indéterminée|
|Date de début:||ASAP|
|Nom du contact:||Thomas Lhoest|
|Email du contact:||Thomas.Lhoest@volt.eu.com|
|Job Publié:||December 02, 2016 08:32|
Over the years, our client, has collected huge amounts of data on their member's behaviour. They are increasingly investing in the improvement of how they collect, process and analyse data to enhance their customer experience and internal reporting.
You will for instance be responsible for helping them crunch data in their cloud-hosted data warehouse.
You will also assist colleagues from other departments that are analysing and visualising the data, by developing the data processing infrastructure, developing models and queries, or providing access to new internal or external data sources.
You'll join a development team of 30 like-minded IT colleagues working together towards their ambitious goals, while having great (and geeky) fun at the same time.
*You're an open minded developer who's not afraid of learning new paradigms, open source frameworks, or programming languages
* You have experience developing in some languages and tools often used for data processing like Python, Java, Scala, Apache Pig, Hive, Mahout, Hadoop, Spark, ...
* You have some SQL skills and love hacking at a challenging query
* Experience with modern visual analysis tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Spotﬁre, or SAS would be fantastic
* Experience with cloud based big data solutions such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, or Hadoop (MapR / Cloudera / Hortonworks) is a plus
* Working experience is a deﬁnite plus, but they are willing to invest in young talent
* You speak ﬂuent English and Dutch and/or French
* The end customer is always on your mind
* You enjoy working together and achieving goals with a team
* Helping out where you can is something you like to do. And you're not afraid of being hands on and doing the grunt work if the situation requires it
* You have an open minded attitude, not entrenched in certain ideas. You're aware of your biases and willing to listen
* You work with passion and love to tell others about your work
What you can expect
* Full-time job in a very fast growing and challenging international ecommerce environment.
* Attractive salary & beneﬁts based on experience and added value (laptop, performance bonus, training, company car, etc. )
* A manager that supports you where he can, helps you to grow, and gives you frequent feedback
* The possibility and budget to follow training or going to conferences
* A fantastic team with great and fun activities
Obtenez des emplois similaires comme celles-ci par email
En soumettant vos informations, vous acceptez nos T & C